FINANCE CLERK, Full-time
Rogers K-Rock Centre
SMG Canada ULC, the industry leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Finance Clerk at the Rogers K-Rock Centre in Kingston. This is an evolving full time position providing assistance to the Finance department in the day-to-day accounting operations for both the venue, Rogers K-Rock Centre, and the Food and Beverage component, Savour. The Rogers K-Rock Centre Finance team is a small team. Each team member must work closely with other team members within the department and across all departments to ensure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. The basic essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable processing including preparation of invoices, accepting payments and collections in accordance with SMG established policies.
- Accounts payable processing from receipt of invoices to payment, ensuring that all payments are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Director or Manager prior to payment.
- Prepare credit applications for new vendors.
- Assist Staff Accountant and Department Manager with input of General Ledger Journal entries, and month end closing procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of budgeting, accounting and reporting practices to meet facility goals.
- Assist with monthly reporting to our client (City of Kingston) and SMG Corporate.
- Assist with event settlements as required.
- Assist with the preparation of external auditor’s information needs annually.
- Co-ordinate, control and settle event merchandise sales with vendor.
- Collect and process incoming mail.
- Provide administrative support for management team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a college or university program in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency with Excel and a good working ability in Word are required.
- At least one year of experience with general accounting and clerical responsibilities is desirable.
- Experience with accounting software is a definite asset, specifically Sage.
Skill and Abilities
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Good foundation of Canadian GAAP, IFRS an asset.
- Ability to thrive both independently and as part of a small team.
- Ability to meet numerous specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills – both our employees and clients are your customers.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Be completely respectful of the confidential nature of the work you perform.
- Be flexible and open to evolving requirements.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing.
- Due to the nature of our business candidates will need to be able to work flexible hours; possibly including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: All successful candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check, which may include criminal, credit, credential and reference check.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed résumé, cover letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Review of résumés and interviews will commence October 2, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.