Accounting and Payroll Clerk
ACCOUNTING AND PAYROLL CLERK, Full-time
Rogers K-Rock Centre
SMG Canada ULC, the industry leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for an Accounting and Payroll Clerk at the Rogers K-Rock Centre in Kingston. This is an evolving full time position combining payroll, benefit administration, accounts receivable and accounts payable as primary responsibilities for both the venue, Rogers K-Rock Centre, and the Food and Beverage component, Savour. The Rogers K-Rock Centre Finance team is a small team. Each team member must work closely with other team members within the department and across all departments to ensure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. The basic essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable processing including preparation of invoices, accepting payments and collections in accordance with SMG established policies.
- Accounts payable processing from receipt of invoices to payment, ensuring that all payments are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Director or Manager prior to payment.
- Prepare credit applications for new vendors.
- Assist Accountant and Department Manager with input of general ledger journal entries (such as input and upload of payroll journal entries), month end closing procedures and monthly reporting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of budgeting, accounting and reporting practices to meet facility goals.
- Assist with event settlements as required.
- Assist with the preparation of external auditor’s information needs annually.
- Co-ordinate, control and settle event merchandise sales with vendor.
- Responsible for full payroll process in ADP: uploading of hours to ADP, preparation of payroll reports for review and approval; updating employee information; processing payroll ensuring compliance with company policies and controls are relevant legislation relating to personnel and labour.
- Prepare appropriate Records of Employment for staff and government.
- Ensure that all EHT, WSIB and Statutory deductions are calculated, reported and remitted in a timely fashion to the appropriate government authority.
- Ensure that the facility follows all SMG Human Resources policies and that the facility is abiding by all required Government Laws and Regulations related to staff.
- Maintain up-to-date employee files detailing all documentation about hiring, benefits, training, terminations, injuries, disputes, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding payroll related issues.
- Assists with the recruiting process in all departments when required.
- Administers performance review and salary/wage administration program.
- Maintain and report leave information for all employees.
- Collect and process incoming mail.
- Provide administrative support for management team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a college or university program in accounting, finance or payroll-related field.
- Proficiency with Excel and a good working ability in Word are required.
- At least one year of experience with general accounting and clerical responsibilities is desirable.
- At least one year of experience in processing payroll is a definite asset.
- Experience with accounting and payroll software and systems is a definite asset; specifically Sage and ADP.
Skill and Abilities
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel and payroll administration.
- Good foundation of Canadian GAAP, IFRS an asset.
- Ability to thrive both independently and as part of a small team.
- Ability to meet numerous specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure with close attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills – both our employees and clients are your customers.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Be completely respectful of the confidential nature of the work you perform.
- Be flexible and open to evolving requirements.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing.
- Due to the nature of our business candidates will need to be able to work flexible hours; possibly including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: All successful candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check, which may include criminal, credit, credential and reference check.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed résumé, cover letter and salary expectations to:
Review of résumés and interviews will commence July 4, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.